The Hardin-Simmons University Concert Choir was recently featured on tour in the American Celebration of Music in Ireland & Scotland, May 14-23, 2016. Highlights of the tour included:
- A joint evening concert with the Amici Singers at St. Laurence O’Toole Church, Kilmacud in Dublin.
- A midday recital at Dublin St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- A concert at the Agape Centre - Belfast South Methodist Church in benefit of Christian Aid Week.
- A concert in Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh.
- A midday recital in St. Giles Cathedral.
- Evensong participation and recital at Glasgow Cathedral.
Dr. Clell Wright, Director of Choral Activities at Hardin-Simmons University, shared some feedback with us from his experience:
The tour guide and bus driver were exceptional. They really blended in well with our group and we truly felt they were a part of us. It was hard to say goodbye to them.
The performances were all well done. The work on the ground in preparing them was thorough and we had good audiences for all of them. The concerts seemed to be well advertised. We even had radio coverage, including an interview, for the concert in Belfast. I was thankful for that. The staff at each venue were helpful and they were all positive experiences for us.
MCI worked well with me on receiving our payments. It is difficult getting college students to pay on time and I couldn’t send in our payments until I had money from everyone. MCI never gave me trouble over payments and I truly appreciate that.
There was good down time for the students and the tour guide was very flexible in arranging schedules to give students more time in Edinburgh.
I will continue to use MCI because I feel that, overall, you are very attentive to your groups and work hard to make a great experience for everyone.
Dr. Clell Wright, Director of Choral Activities
*Videos courtesy of Travis Lowery