- A recital at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, Ireland.
- A shared performance with the Wicklow Male Voice Choir at St. Patrick's Church of Ireland in Greystones, Ireland.
- A concert at St. Francis Friary in Wexford, Ireland.
- A shared concert with the Bois Goetre-Hen a'r Cylch Male Choir at All Saints Church in Porthcawl, Wales.
- A recital at Christchurch Cathedral in Oxford, England.
- A concert in Southwark Cathedral in London, England.
Here is a brief statement from Dr. Fenton about his experience:
I would like to thank the Music Celebrations International (MCI) family for the inspiring and informative trip to the British Isles. The audiences were so very receptive and the opportunity to perform with the men’s choirs in Ireland and Wales was a high light for the members of University Singers. Additionally, the performances at Christchurch Cathedral in Oxford and the Southwark Cathedral in London proved to be very emotional for the students—the architecture and acoustics were beautifully overwhelming. A highlight for me was observing the students as they experienced the worship service at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London—the ceremony, the singing of the choir, and the beauty of the surroundings created an “awe” in them that was truly a privilege to witness.
For you at MCI, this is just another planned tour, but for the students in FSU's University Singers this was an indescribable window to a world they have only known from books and other media. I am confident that their tour experiences will make them more expressive and soulful performers and more empathetic individuals, and it could not have happened without you! A special thank you to Stan Pretty, our tour guide, and to Ashley, Erin and Bill [MCI staff] for all their work in the months leading up to the tour!
Kevin Fenton, Ph.D.
Professor, Conducting and Ensembles
Florida State University College of Music
All images courtesy of Alexis Pletincks