Performance Specialist - Performance Department
Music Celebrations International (MCI) is a high-volume, specialty travel agency in Tempe, Arizona, focusing on the needs of performing arts groups traveling around the United States and abroad. We pride ourselves on the exceptional musical stimulation our tours and festivals provide. The purpose of Music Celebrations is to provide life-changing experiences that will raise the level of musicianship and dedication to the performing arts around the globe! We enthusiastically endorse Ludwig Van Beethoven's statement that "Music can change the world."
The Performance Specialist’s primary duty is to organize all artistic and logistical details necessary to produce concerts and festivals worldwide for touring choirs, orchestras and bands. This position interacts directly with the Artistic Directors, Conductors, Directors, and Tour Coordinators of music ensembles to identify performance goals, select and organize appropriate venues including all artistic details necessary for concert production, including repertoire, promotion, and audience development. A firm musical background, excellent customer relations skills, ability to speak and give direction to large groups, exceptional organization, time management and multi-tasking skills, accurate typing, grammar knowledge, and a strong attention to detail are essential to this position.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for all artistic details to create and produce successful concerts for traveling ensembles
- Organize concerts for traveling ensembles, domestically and abroad
- Responsible for concert promotion for audience development
- Liaise with director /designee to meet their musical and educational goals through performance experience
- Select, develop, and organize concert venues appropriate to each ensemble
- Educate director of performance practice of touring destination
- Travel domestically and internationally to staff performance events as needed
- Strong background in music with experience in choral, orchestra, or concert band
- Proficient knowledge of classical music
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Organizational and event planning abilities
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks with high attention to deadlines
- Ability to think creatively
- Proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and re-adjust as needed to resolve issues
- Proven leadership skills, able to manage people well in high-stress situations
- Proficient and professional communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Good interpersonal skills to integrate easily into an existing staff
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Prior travel industry experience is welcomed, but not essential
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday with generous benefits
- Immediate start, position open until filled
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Accounting Department
Music Celebrations International (MCI) has an immediate need for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. MCI is a high-volume, specialty travel agency, focusing on the needs of performing arts groups traveling around the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Can you multitask in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to work with people who care about your success? Are you a fast learner and pick up software programs easily?
This position requires a strong A/R, billing candidate who works well with people, has great customer service and can multitask in a fast-paced environment. This job consists of processing daily invoices, re-billing and posting payments to customer accounts. The position also includes reconciliation of customer accounts, sending payment reminders, preparing service invoices, managing, and reviewing traveler registrations. This position will be contacting customers and collecting past due payments on a regular basis. Additional functions include accounts payable entry and vendor maintenance.
Job Requirements & Functions (day to day responsibilities):
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Account Reconciliation and Collections
- Review Tour Details for Accuracy
- Ability to Multitask
- Analytical Concepts
- Able to think individually and solve customer related issues
- Team Player
- Good phone skills
- Good customer service
- Strong accounting and math skills
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a business, A/R, accounting or related field
- Microsoft Excel experience helpful
- QuickBooks software experience helpful
- We are a stable and growing small business with a large customer base
- We provide a competitive wage, benefits, and opportunity for growth
Only qualified candidates may apply. Please send resumé with references to email@example.com. Should you be selected for an interview, a typing test may be required.
Tour Specialist - Marketing Department
Music Celebrations has an opening for a Tour Specialist at its home office in Tempe, Arizona. We are seeking an outstanding, self-motivated, goal-driven Tour Specialist to generate new accounts and maintain/improve existing accounts in the musical performance travel industry via telephone as well as occasional face-to-face account selling. We have a team of inside sales representatives responsible for developing customer loyalty and increasing sales largely by placing outbound calls. Performance standards for this position are challenging but achievable, and the compensation is designed to reward high achievers.
We're seeking a special individual, so take note:
You must be passionate about transforming lives through musical travel experiences.
Successful candidates will have a positive, upbeat personality and a strong desire to give exceptional customer service. Some of our most successful consultants have backgrounds in the music industry, particularly with band, orchestral or choral literature experience. We will be pleased to consider candidates without sales experience who love music and have good experience either performing or directing music. We will be ecstatic to contact candidates that have both music and sales experience!
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operations Specialist - Operations Department
Music Celebrations International (MCI) has an immediate need for an Operations Specialist. MCI is a high-volume, specialty travel agency, focusing on the needs of performing arts groups traveling around the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Our Operations Specialists are responsible for operating and coordinating logistics - hotels, meals, airfare/bus and other group activities pertinent to client's itinerary.
Operations Specialists serve customers by providing product information, logistical planning, and tour/festival details. The primary role is to build and maintain strong vendor and client relationships that encourage client satisfaction and repeat business. Looking to have the position filled by August 1, 2017.
Our client base is primarily school, church, community-based, semi-professional and professional music ensembles (choirs, bands & orchestras). It is helpful, though not required, to have a working knowledge of choirs, bands, and orchestras. The ability to multi-task in this fast-paced environment is essential to success in this position.
BENEFITS: include travel opportunities, working in a great/positive environment, working with caring and supportive colleagues, comprehensive health benefits, and a generous profit sharing plan.
Skills and Required Qualifications:
- Outstanding customer service is a must
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Positive and professional attitude
- The ability to work well under pressure and with extreme accuracy. Must multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customers, vendors, and peers
- Active listener, problem solver, and self-starter
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) are required. Candidates must show the customer value at every touch point – either on the phone, via email, or in person
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work cohesively with internal departments within the organization as a team player
Please submit your resume to email@example.com